Prep and cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Can be frozen
75 g prunes
50 g pitted dates
50 g raisins
½ tsp baking soda
60 g soft butter
175 g brown sugar
225 g plain flour
2 ½ cm cinnamon
½ tsp cocoa powder
2 ½ cm vanilla seeds
1 tsp baking powder
For the sauce:
150 ml cream
50 g dark chocolate 70% cocoa
80 g sugar
20 ml whiskey
- Pour 250 ml boiling water over the prunes, dates, and raisins. Allow them to soak for 1 hour. Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Heat the oven to 180 C
- Chop the fruit roughly and set aside 2 tbsp for the sauce. Dissolve the baking soda in the soaking liquid.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until whites and creamy. Beat in the egg. Mix the flour, cinnamon, cocoa, vanilla seeds, baking soda liquid, and baking powder; beat this mixture into the butter.
- Stir in the drained fruit and spoon the dough into the buttered ovenproof bowl. Cover tightly and stand in a deep roasting pan, add water to half the height of the bowl and steam in for 35-40 minutes.
- For the sauce heat the sugar, cream until boiling, remove from the heat, and melt the chocolate in the cream, stirring continuously. Mix in the whiskey and the reserved fruit and let the sauce cool.
- To serve, turn the warm pudding out of the bowl, slice, and serve with the sauce and either ice-cream or custard.
29 thoughts on “Sticky toffee pudding”
Hallo, Ihr Blog ist sehr erfolgreich! Ich sage bravo! Es ist eine großartige Arbeit geleistet! 🙂 Georgette Kristoffer Peatroy
Danke Georgette 🙂
Bonjour, ton blog est très réussi ! Je te dis bravo ! C’est du beau boulot !:) Kessia Cos Wernsman
Merci, Kessia 🙂
Your blog is a success, very complete. Ahhh when passion is there, everything is 🙂 Malvina Billie Casar
Malvina, Thank you very much 🙂
Wonderful, what a website it is! This webpage presents useful information to us, keep it up. Isabelita Dimitri Folsom
A round of applause for your article post. Thanks Again. Much obliged. Adrianne Killie Giacobo
Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic blog. Really thank you! Want more. Danice Pate Urana
Thank you Danice I will 🙂
Thanks a lot for the blog post. Really thank you! Keep writing. Odelle Rem Dyer
Thank you Odelle 🙂
I loved your blog article. Much thanks again. Really Cool. Cinda Gibbie Shaylynn
I like this post, enjoyed this one appreciate it for putting up. Jami Keefer Daye
Pretty! This was an extremely wonderful article. Thanks for supplying this information. Brunhilde Truman Darrin
I have been checking out many of your posts and i can claim pretty good stuff. I will surely bookmark your website. Freddi Shell Gilchrist
I like this weblog very much, Its a rattling nice office to read and obtain info. Sibel Shamus Buttaro
Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful post. Many thanks for supplying these details. Jolee Hanan Consuela
Thank you, Jolee Hanan 🙂
Wow, great blog article.Really thank you! Really Great.
Some really great info, Gladiola I detected this. I’m not spaming. I’m just saying your website is AWSOME! Thank you so much! Please vist also my website.
It is a very good useful article I like to read such articles
I like a very useful article, I like our page and follow it
You produce quality content, I appreciate you
I loved your blog.Really looking forward to read more. Will read on…
Thank you for this beautiful article. It’s really a good article
Im grateful for the blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Awesome.
Wow, superb weblog layout! How lengthy have you ever been blogging
for? you make running a blog look easy. The full glance of your site is fantastic, as neatly as the content material!